Matsuri Official Entry Form
- Duration: 1 Days (approx.)
- Location: Mallala, South Australia
- Product code: PHFUR5
Matsuri is back! Saturday 22nd May 9am-9pm.
PLEASE NOTE - Due to COVID 19 operating requirements, there is a maximum of 3000 total participants on site.
New Day Licence process: If you require a Day Licence, this must be pre-purchased via AASA and brought with you to sign-on. The cost is $35.
EVENT DETAILSPrices are per driver.
Second driver (sharing car in the same group) can be added for $75.
Vehicles must comply with the AASA NCRs and the AASA Event Operations Manual.
Drivers' apparel, including helmet, shall be as specified in AASA Appendix 4 Apparel Requirements for Speed and Drifting Events: https://aasa.com.au/wp-content/uploads/Appendix-4-Apparel-1.7.pdf
All vehicles must have a minimum of a 4-point safety harness installed for the driver and passenger: https://aasa.com.au/wp-content/uploads/Harnesses-Appendix-5-V0.5.pdf
Vehicles participating in Drift events are required to be fitted with a safety cage as follows:
- Drivers without passengers and not participating in tandeming: Not Required
- Any vehicle involved in tandeming: Roll Cage to Class 1 is required as specified in AASA Appendix 1 Safety Cage Regulations. https://aasa.com.au/wp-content/uploads/181024-01-AASA-Safety-Cage-Regulations-V1.1.pdf
- Any vehicle carrying passengers: Roll Cage to Class 1a is required as specified in AASA Appendix 1 Safety Cage Regulations.
- Fire extinguisher is required;
- All panels / windows must be in place;
- An exhaust system must be fitted;
- Brake lights & indicators must be in working order;
- Car does not need to be road registered.
- ALL drivers will be required to hold a minimum AASA Club Race Licence or Motorsport Australia Speed Licence or above. One day licences are available for purchase via https://aasa.com.au/licences/day-event-licences/ at a cost of $35. Day licences must be pre-purchased online and brought with you to sign-on.
- Passengers are permitted and must purchase a 'buddy pass' for $50 (book with entry or purchase at the sign on office).
- Matsuri will not be affected by weather conditions & will proceed unless unsafe. In the unlikely event that we need to cancel or postpone an event we will contact you as soon as possible.
- Mallala Motorsport Park will position witches hats and/or tyre bundles in locations around the circuit as required to ensure protection of the facility.
- Drifting is only permitted on sections of the circuit determined by Mallala Motorsport Park, which will be outlined in the drivers' briefing.
- Premium 98, E85 and ELF 102 race fuel is available on site.
- Entry Fee - $200 (includes garage for the first 100 entries)
Entries will close at at 9am on Wednesday 19th May, unless sold out prior.
A detailed email will be sent to each registered participant following the close of entries.
- *Mallala Motorsport Park reserve the right to cancel events where minimum operating numbers are not met.
- Groups are based on driver experience. Please ensure you select the appropriate group.
- Group A: Experienced Drifters - 2 & 3 car tandems allowed (if cars meet tandeming requirements).
- Group B: Intermediate Drifters - Single, 2 & 3 car tandems allowed (if cars meet tandeming requirements).
- Group C: Amateur/Beginner Drifter - Single & 2 car tandems allowed (if cars meet tandeming requirements)
- **Mallala Motorsport Park reserves the right to combine groups where necessary & safe to do so, to ensure minimum numbers are met.
(Apart from the driver’s briefing, all times are approximate and subject to change)
7.00am: Gates open
7.05am: Documentation / Scrutiny
8.30am: COMPULSORY Driver’s Briefing
9.00am – 12.30pm: Morning Sessions
12.30pm: Lunch Break
1.00pm – 5.30pm: Afternoon Sessions
5.30pm: Dinner Break
6.00pm – 9.00pm Evening Sessions
9.00pm TRACK CLOSES
Skidpan open 9am - 5:30pm.
FOOD & BEVERAGESOnsite canteen is available for food and beverage purchases.
CANCELLATIONS OR DATE CHANGES
- Cancellations must be advised at least 5 business days prior to your booked event.
- Withdrawals inside five (5) business days prior to an event will forfeit the full entry/garage fee.
- Refunds for non-attendance are not available.
In addition to our standard terms and conditions of
entry, the following further conditions relating to COVID-19 also apply:
You must not enter if:
· if you are confirmed to have COVID-19
· if you are a suspected of having COVID-19
· if you have had contact with a person who is confirmed or suspected of having COVID-19
· if you have any of the following symptoms: fever/chills, cough/sore throat abnormal or difficulty breathing
· You should be in quarantine in accordance with any Australian (Federal or State) Government cross border directions or directions otherwise.
· You have arrived from a specific Level 3 location outlined in the Emergency Management (Cross Border Travel) (COVID-19) Direction 2021
While on-site, you MUST
· maintain at least 1.5m from the person nearest to you at all times
· follow signage and directions of event staff
· provide your details to our staff if requested at anytime
· regularly wash hands and use sanitiser
· cough/sneeze into your elbow
· use stairs rather than lifts where you are able
· avoid touching stair rails, door handles and other touch points – sanitise your hands after this and use hand sanitiser before eating.
· use QR codes to scan-in where requested on the site
· In addition to the above, you are encouraged to:
o bring card, not cash
o bring your own hand sanitiser
o download and use the Government's COVIDSafe app before entering the Site.
If you develop any COVID symptoms while on-site please:
· distance yourself from all other people
· approach your nearest COVID Marshal at a safe distance and let them know
· follow the directions of the COVID Marshal
COVID-19 Symptoms include: fever/chills, cough/sore throat abnormal or difficulty breathing.